Today I tried to compile my app for release with proguard. Previously, I skipped proguard, but now I wanted a lean package :). Soon, I got into a bit of a mess, because I noticed I have quite a few libs which need custom proguard rules. So, I ended up with one proguard file per library, included in a master proguard-rules.pro.
My current structure, as it stands is:
$ list-structure -\ + build.gradle + ... + proguard-rules.pro + proguard-com.jakewharton.butterknife.txt + proguard-com.squareup.retrofit.txt - proguard-com.mixpanel.txt
My proguard-rules.pro file is:
# Add project specific ProGuard rules here. # ... -include proguard-com.jakewarthon.butterknife.txt -include proguard-com.squareup.retrofit.txt -include proguard-com.mixpanel.txt
This is quite simple to manage and allows me not to modify the main file each time I have a change.