An Ex-Ante Checklist
A while ago I had to deal with an ex-ante evaluation. One of the byproducts was a checklist. Here it is:
Assessing the needs
- What is the current state of play?
- What do people think of it?
- How can it be improved?
- Are the objectives described in a clear, realistic manner?
- Are they coherent with the overall IT objectives of the Company/Institution?
- Are they coherent with each other?
Identifying the target audience (customers)
- Is the target audience clearly defined?
- Are the reasons for identifying the target audience well established?
- Are the stakeholders identified?
Defining the requirements
- Is/are the requirements defined in accordance to objectives?
- Is/are the requirements defined taking into account the target audience?
- Is/are it/they defined in a straightforward, understandable manner?
Identifying the tools (what are we going to do?)
- Are tools satisfying the objectives/requirements already available?
- How much of the objectives/requirements can be covered by exiting tools?
- Do we need to implement (e.g. customise) or develop?
Setting up monitoring
- Have the monitoring indicators/tools been defined in accordance with objectives?
- Are they relevant?
- Are they easily obtainable?
Define the acceptance criteria
- Have the criteria been defined?
- Has the timing for evaluation (e.g. ex-post) been decided?
- Have the impact indicators been outlined?
A little experiment: If you find this post and ad below useful, please check the ad out 🙂